Thursday, March 29, 2012

My latest projects...

I have been rather busy in the last few weeks and kept putting off writing about my baking experiments... I don't really know why, it usually soothes me to write about my mess-ups and meltdowns, but I haven't had too many lately, no yelling in the kitchen, or, very little anyway... Anyway, these are the latest projects :


Ducati Monster motorbikes for my ex-roomate's husband's birthday. Came out alright, but I don't like that royal icing often caves in in smaller areas... and this was a complicated drawing for me, and I think I could have done it better-but that is only after having tried it once...somehow I don't think I will have to do too many of these again!!


These easter cookies I made basically for my brother's girlfriend...unfortunately she lives in Canada, and I am in Switzerland, I may try to send them, but I really don't know that they will survive. Well, all but one survived me dropping the camera on them, so who knows!! They were inspired (not quite copied, but almost!!) by a pin she put up on pinterest (my new favorite passtime).



These spring critters are also because of Katie, and that is because the shapes come from cookie cutters she got me for Christmas! (Thank you Katie!!!) I think the apples, the worms and the bees are the cutest. I could make these everyday!! Oh yes, and the chocolate cookies turned out PERFECT!! Finally I have the right chocolate cookie recipe for decorating cookies!!


Carrot cupcakes with chocolate cream cheese frosting. This frosting is so perfect, I want to take a bath in it. I cannot remember where I found it, but YUMMMMMM!!




I put these baby toppers on the cupcakes, I wanted to try some things I had seen on Etsy (my other fav. website) and I think they came out really really well!!

Apart from that, my website is starting to take shape, and I have only a few changes left to make in my kitchen, and I will be ready to sell for real!!! Wish me luck! I can't believe I have finally found what I like most doing in life! And I can do it with my little Lily right next to me!! I hope it all works out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment